Join Nahalat Shalom for 5778 (2017) High Holidays
With Rabbi Chavah Carp and Cantor Beth Cohen
We do not sell tickets, but welcome donations of any amount. Download complete schedule.
Sunday, September 20 - Erev Rosh Hashanah
- 7:00-8:30 pm. Service, Sanctuary
- 8:30 pm. Kiddush, apples and honey. Courtyard
Monday, September 21 - Rosh Hashanah
- 6:30-8 am. Dawn Service @ Petroglyph National Monument
- 9:00-9:45 am. Children’s Service, Sanctuary.
- 10:00 am-1:00 pm. Rosh Hashanah Service (childcare available). Sanctuary
- 1:00 pm. Kiddush & Vegetarian Pot-Luck Lunch. Bayt B’racha & Courtyard
- 1:45 pm. (approx.) Tashlich. Griegos Lateral Ditch
Tuesday, September 22 - Second Day Rosh Hashanah
- 9:00-11:30 am. Meditative Walk and Mikvah (Adults only, more details later)
Tuesday, September 29 - Kol Nidre & Shabbat Service
- 6:30-8:30 pm. Sanctuary
Wednesday, September 30 - Yom Kippur
- 9:00-9:45 am. Children’s Service. Sanctuary
- 10:00 am-2:00 pm. Yom Kippur Service (childcare available). Sanctuary
- 4:00-5:15 pm. Discussion & Study Session. Sanctuary
- 5:30-7:00 pm. Yizkor & N’ilah. Sanctuary
- 7:00-8:15 pm. Communal Break the Fast Vegetarian Pot-Luck. Bayt B’racha
Thursday, October 5 – Sukkot
- Thursday, 4:30-6:00 pm. Decorate the Sukkah. Cheder
- Saturday, October 7, 6:30-8:30 pm Community Potluck & Havdalah. Sukkah
- Thursday, October 12 – Sukkot/Shmini Atzeret
- Thursday, 4:30-6:00 pm. Cheder Sukkot. Sukkah
Friday, October 13 – Simchat Torah
- 6:30-7:00 pm. Yizkor. Sanctuary
- 7:00-9:00 pm. Simchat Torah, Hafakos & potluck desserts. Sanctuary
We welcome you, and Tzedakah too.
Help us open our doors to all; please take heed of generosity's call. Nahalat Shalom is a congregation that loves to get together to celebrate the holidays. We are blessed to have our own Community Klezmer Band as well as Rikud, our dance troupe, to enhance our festivities through music and dance. During High Holy Day services, our spiritual experience is enhanced by the music of Alavados, our inhouse holiday quartet. For most holidays, we are at home in our own synagogue; for some observances we get together with other Albuquerque congregations to celebrate with the local Jewish community. Check our calendar for schedule or sign up to receive our enewsletter. Children are welcome at all of our events; childcare is available during morning services.
*Nahalat Shalom is a pescaterian, kashrut facility: No meat, no peanuts; kosher fish (having fins and scales) is permitted. We strive to take an environmentally friendly approach to food. If you bring a dish with multiple ingredients that aren't obvious, please bring a card with ingredients listed. Lactose free, gluten free, and vegan dishes are always appreciated.