Friday April 13 though Sunday April 15
Albuquerque's only festival devoted to the Spanish Jewish presence in New Mexico.
Highlights of Festival VIII
- Art Exhibit featuring Dr. Charlie Carrillo, Pat Gurule Griego, and Charles Otero
- Sephardic Shabbat Potluck Vegetarian Dinner
- Sephardic Shabbat Morning Service with Rabbi Jordi Gendra-Molina
- Neshama Del Bosque (Spirit of the Forest) - Sephardic music performed by Cantor Beth Cohen with guitarist/oudist Ronaldo Baca and percussionist Polly Tapia Ferber
- Dramatic reading of the poetry of exiled 17th century Spanish Jewish Poet Joao Pinto Delgado, directed by Salome Martinez Lutz with Monica Rodiguez, Sandra Marroquin-Evans and Maria Herrera
- Presentations and workshops by AJ Goldman, Hershel Weiss, Rabbi Gendra-Molina
- Music by Stephanie Shefa Sophia Cohen
Tickets may be purchased at the door.
- Total for the entire festival weekend including Saturday night's concert is $60
- Saturday night concert only $10
- Saturday (catered lunch included/concert is not included) $25
- Sunday (catered lunch included) $25