Join Nahalat Shalom for 5777 (2016) High Holidays
With Rabbi Deborah J Brin and Cantorial Soloist Beth Cohen
We do not sell tickets, but welcome donations of any amount. Download complete High Holidays schedule here
September 23-25, S’lichot (with Community Rabbis and Special Guests)
- Friday, 7:00-8:30 pm. Community event with Dr. Louis Newman & Rabbi Amy Eilberg. Sanctuary
- Saturday, 8:00 pm. Community event with Dr. Louis Newman & Rabbi Amy Eilberg. B’nai Israel, 4401 Indian School Road, NE, Albuquerque. 505.266.0155
- Sunday, 10:00 am. Community event with Dr. Louis Newman & Rabbi Amy Eilberg. Congregation Albert, 3800 Louisiana Blvd NE, Albuquerque. 505.883.1818
Sunday, October 2 - Erev Rosh Hashanah
- 7:30-9:00 pm. Service, Sanctuary
- 9:00 pm. Kiddush, apples and honey. Courtyard
Monday, October 3 - Rosh Hashanah
- 6:30-8 am. Dawn Service @ Volcanoes Day Use area on the west side of Petroglyph National Monument (Directions with map)
- 9:00-9:45 am. Children’s Service, Sanctuary.
- 10:00 am-1:00 pm. Rosh Hashanah Service (childcare available). Sanctuary
- 1:00 pm. Kiddush & Vegetarian Pot-Luck Lunch. Bayt B’racha & Courtyard
- 1:45 pm. (approx.) Tashlich. Griegos Lateral Ditch
Tuesday, October 4 - Second Day Rosh Hashanah
- 10:00-11:30 am. Meditative Walk followed by vegetarian Potluck Lunch. Adults only. We will meet at Marc Wunder and Ellen Light's house (ABQ Country Club area) and walk from there to Kit Carson Park, then back to Marc and Ellen's for a potluck lunch. Please bring water, sunscreen, hat and vegetarian potluck lunch item. Address and Directions will be provided at Nahalat Shalom on Rosh Hashanah. For more information: 243-7333.
Tuesday, October 11 - Kol Nidre Service
- 7-9 pm, Sanctuary
Wednesday, October 12 - Yom Kippur
- 9:00-9:45 am. Children’s Service. Sanctuary
- 10:00 am-2:00 pm. Yom Kippur Service (childcare available). Sanctuary
- 4:00-5:15 pm. Discussion & Study Session. Sanctuary
- 5:30-7:00 pm. Yizkor & N’ilah. Sanctuary
- 7:00-8:15 pm. Communal Break the Fast Vegetarian Pot-Luck. Bayt B’racha
Thursday, October 13 – Sukkot
- Thursday, 4:30-6:00 pm. Decorate the Sukkah. Cheder
- Saturday, October 15, 6:30-8:30 pm Community Potluck & Havdalah. Sukka
Thursday, October 20 – Sukkot
- Thursday, 4:30-6:00 pm. Cheder Sukkot. Sukkah
Monday, October 24 – Simchat Torah
- 6:30-7:00 pm. Yizkor. Sanctuary
- 7:00-9:00 pm. Simchat Torah, Hafakos & potluck desserts. Sanctuary
We welcome you, and Tzedakah too.
Help us open our doors to all; please take heed of generosity's call.
Nahalat Shalom is a congregation that loves to get together to celebrate the holidays. We are blessed to have our own Community Klezmer Band as well as Rikud, our dance troupe, to enhance our festivities through music and dance. During High Holy Day services, our spiritual experience is enhanced by the music of Alavados, our inhouse holiday quartet. For most holidays, we are at home in our own synagogue; for some observances we get together with other Albuquerque congregations to celebrate with the local Jewish community. Check our calendar for schedule or sign up to receive our enewsletter. Children are welcome at all of our events; childcare is available during morning services.
*Nahalat Shalom is a pescaterian, kashrut facility: No meat, no peanuts; kosher fish (having fins and scales) is permitted. We strive to take an environmentally friendly approach to food. If you bring a dish with multiple ingredients that aren't obvious, please bring a card with ingredients listed. Lactose free, gluten free, and vegan dishes are always appreciated.